Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Today's San Fran News -- No News

This report from KUAM Guam says basically that the Navy is still assessing the damage and considering its options.
Since there's no new news, I thought I should bring my 5 or 6 readers up to date with some other blogs I enjoying visiting. (Actually, I've been getting a lot more visitors since last Saturday -- about 2,400 all told, mostly due to Blackfive's link and some very specific Google searches.)
For those of you new to the blogosphere, I think that the best place to start is at the home of the "Blog-father", Instapundit. Other good "mainstream" blogs include IMAO, A Small Victory, and Best of the Web.
Of the smaller blogs, I really enjoy the "mil-blogs" Citizen Smash, Mudville Gazette, and the above-mentioned Blackfive. Ninme, which I found via Hamilton's Pamphlet's, is my idea of the "perfect" small blog -- just posting on interesting things you find, and letting your audience know how you feel about it. My favorite sub-bloggers are Chapomatic and Bothenook; they've both expanded their interests beyond submarines to other items as well, but frequently have good posts on submarine life and news. Steve has a new entry to the sub-blogging world at Submarine Brotherhood. TechnoChitlins, Power and Control, and Pink Slip Central also offer consistently interesting reading.
Eventually I'll get the guts to try to insert a "blogroll" onto my blog so you can find these sites more easily, but right now I'm not confident enough with my HTML-editing "skillz" to try. Maybe this weekend...

Going deep...

Update 2136 19Jan: Congratulations to M. Simon at Power and Control for his Instalanche!

Update 0926 20 Jan: I can't believe I forgot to include CDR Salamander on my list of favorite mil-bloggers. He has the best blog "vision statement" of all time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home