Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, February 21, 2005

Quotes for Boring Meetings

As I was sitting in a boring meeting today, I got to thinking about this list of all-purpose quotes to throw out the next time you want to enliven an otherwise boring, time-wasting conference -- especially if you've already put in your notice, and have your next job lined up in a different industry:

1. I can see your point, but I still think you're full of shit.
2. I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.
3. How about never? Is never good for you?
4. I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.
5. I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to see it my way.
6. I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.
7. I'm out of my mind, but please feel free to leave a message.
8. I don't work here. I'm a consultant.
9. It sounds like English, but I can't understand a damn word you're saying.
10. Ahhh... I see the screw-up fairy has visited us again.
11. I like you. You remind me of myself when I was young and stupid.
12. You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.
13. I have plenty of talent and vision; I just don't give a damn.
14. I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.
15. I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.
16. Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
17. The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.
18. Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
19. What am I? Flypaper for freaks?!?
20. I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.
21. It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of karma to burn off.
22. Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
23. And your crybaby, whiny-assed opinion would be?
24. Do I look like a people person?
25. This isn't an office. It's hell with fluorescent lighting.
26. I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.
27. Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.
28. If I throw a stick, will you leave?
29. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.
30. I'm trying to imagine you with a personality.
31. A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.
32. Too many freaks…not enough circuses.
33. Chaos, panic, and disorder...my work here is done.
34. I thought I wanted a career; turns out I just wanted a salary.
35. Oh I get it... like humor... but different.

Feel free to add your own in the comments...

(I had thought when I posted this that this collection of comebacks may have been put together for the first time in a quote log I get, but I did a quick googling to check, and it looks like they may have come from here. They're still good, though...)

5 Comments:

Blogger WillyShake said...

Ok...this is some kind of conspiracy or something. I'm guessing that you work for a computer company and that you're making me *spit my morning coffee all over my monitor* so that I have to go buy a new one!! LOL. Thanks for making me laugh. --Will

2/22/2005 5:53 AM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Check your E-mail -- I sent you some more...

2/22/2005 6:35 AM

 
Blogger Cowboy Blob said...

"Sounds like a management problem."

I used that all the time, until I became management. Then I stuck to "Bite me."

2/22/2005 1:31 PM

 
Anonymous site said...

It will not succeed in actual fact, that is what I think.

7/20/2012 4:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. I could not stop laughing. If I did not need to work so bad I would toss a few of these out today.

4/10/2014 11:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home