Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Thursday, September 07, 2006

An Anniversary I Missed

While I was celebrating my own 21st wedding anniversary today, I missed quite a significant anniversary for the Submarine Force. Luckily, SubSunk over at Blackfive didn't miss it, and he tells the story of Turtle's attack on HMS Eagle in New York Harbor 230 years ago today.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So this other anniversary is more significant than being married to ME. Well, that will be costly to you. I am thinking 21 baskets. One basket for every year. I LOVE that thought.

9/08/2006 8:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cut a shipmate some slack, huh? Obviously, it couldn't have been more significant than being married to you, or he wouldn't have forgotten it. It can still be significant, and he didn't say it was "more" significant, just "quite" significant.

Isn't that just like a woman to take things out of context, and turn this into something it's not. And no matter what we say or do, it's wrong. My wife is an expert at it. Tell me something, do you ladies go to school for this, or does this evil skill come naturally?

So, how'd I do? Did I stir the pot up good enough?

9/08/2006 11:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats BH and subbasket!

9/08/2006 5:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, brother, we will be hitting 14 years in a couple of weeks. Congratulations!!! I KNOW it is hard, joint, together work. Keep it up!!!! You know as well as I, it is damn well worth it...

9/09/2006 9:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home