Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Sunday, January 07, 2007

From The MSP Wives

I got an E-mail today from a wife of one of the officers on the USS Minneapolis-St. Paul; as you'd expect, the MSP wives are coming together to take care of their own. They've set up trust funds for the children of the fallen Sailors at Navy Federal Credit Union -- you can make contributions to the "Michael Holtz Memorial Fund" and the "Thomas Higgins Memorial Fund" at any NFCU branch. (If you don't live near an NFCU, E-mail me at joel(dot)bubblehead(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll send you the snail-mail address for the Funds.)

The E-mail I got also says this wife is putting together a Memory Book for each family. Any old shipmates who'd like to send remembrances, or anyone who'd like to send condolence letters, can send them to me at the E-mail address above and I'll forward them, or I'll send you the direct contact info if you need that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home