Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

As a way to welcome in the new year, here's a link to a collection of videos from USS Minneapolis-St. Paul's last deployment, including one of the crew bringing on shore power in Rota:



(It's weird -- even those these videos were only posted in the last couple of days, I'm pretty sure I've seen something very similar to this video a while back, but couldn't find that I'd posted about it.)

As part of year-end housekeeping, at some point I'll have to go over my predictions for 2007 from last January and come up with some for this year.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, our ET1 (Reactor Operator type) deployment videographer did a great job putting together a DVD of our deployment. He had previously posted them himself and I had watched them on YouTube. Not sure what happened to the ones he posted previously. I suspect they have been reposted because he just handed out the DVD to everyone before we left on our Christmas stand down.

1/02/2008 11:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I would just like to say that I WAS ROBBED! Watch the MSP Derby from halfway night. Both STS1's car and my car were undefeated until that last race, and I was ahead until his car ran me off the track.

1/02/2008 11:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those snipes have been underwater way too long...

1/02/2008 7:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This video makes me sad and happy. Holtz is in the video smiling. I cannot believe it has been over a year since we lost two great shipmates. He was always smiling. Even doing crappy jobs.

1/05/2008 1:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These videos were originally posted to my myspace page and made public as a sort of "preview" to the DVD project. They're still there collecting digital dust. I've since posted them to YouTube under the "gentle nudging" of my fiance, who assured me they would get more traffic that way. Detail-oriented people might notice that the Thanksgiving parade was not posted to YouTube. That was a request of COB Higgins, and I still plan on holding up that request.

PS:
I'm working on a few more from aloha day as we speak.

1/08/2008 2:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home