Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Friday, March 14, 2008

Things I Miss While I Nap

This car chase ended about 1/4 mile from my house while I was taking my afternoon siesta:
The chase began at about 1:24 p.m., after a routine stop on Interstate-84 at milepost 48. The suspect was driving a Chevrolet pickup truck with large, off-road wheels.
He led police on a wild chase from Interstate 84 through West Meridian subdivisions, on sidewalks near Chaparral Elementary School and ripping out chain link fence and before heading back onto the highway -- driving eastbound in the westbound traffic lanes. Speeds reached up to 100 miles per hour.
The suspect also took out a sign at nearby Fuller Park that read "No Motorized Vehicles," according to Eric Exline, spokesperson for Meridian School District.
The suspect crossed he the median and exited at Meridian Road, where he struck Hays' SUV. An ISP officer hit the suspect's truck, which slammed into the concrete guard rail on the roadway.
[Emphasis mine] I'm glad he didn't make it into my subdivision, which is probably where he was headed next. Thanks to the Idaho State Police for stopping this one when they did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home