Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Old Shipmate's Wife Is Singing Star!

One of the things I like best about writing TSSBP is that it gives me a chance to re-establish contact with old friends and shipmates; they search for something about submarines, find my blog thereby, and shoot me an E-mail. This week, I got an E-mail from the wife of one of my old JOs from USS Connecticut (SSN 22). It turns out that she's now a singer, and a pretty good one at that! Check out the MySpace page for Paulette Dixon, where you can hear her amazing voice -- and if you're going to be in the Philly area around Christmas, you can even go see her in concert.

4 Comments:

Blogger DDM said...

I see that she lived in Hawaii. When I was on Hawkbill, one of my Div-O's was a Ltjg Dixon who went to SSN-22 on a split tour. He was a good guy. I remember his wife being very pretty. Urban legend on the 666 was that the CO's wife counseled her about appropriate attire for officers' wives and she responded by wearing even slinkier wear on our next RTP. Small world if it is her.

12/04/2008 6:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were you on Hawkbill for the Darwin liberty run??

12/04/2008 8:52 AM

 
Blogger DDM said...

Yes. I was E-DIV Chief from July 1993 until February 1998. We had a good time in Darwin.

12/04/2008 2:47 PM

 
Blogger Vigilis said...

Perhaps the timing is just coincidental, but a word of caution may be in order: http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE4B37LV20081204

12/04/2008 10:07 PM

 

<< Home