Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sali To Challenge Minnick In 2010

Yes! Just as Idaho politics were in danger of getting boring, beaten former Congressman Bill Sali has filed his statement of candidacy for the the seat he was voted out of in November. Hopefully he'll win the Republican primary and continue to provide amusement for all Idahoans with his blatant idiocy while losing badly to new Congressman Walt Minnick.

Maybe Bill Sali Fan will have to come out of retirement...

5 Comments:

Blogger John Byron said...

The Rs are being tortured by existential angst and their reaction seems to be to crouch in the far right corner. Sali joins his still-serving colleagues in the House in their death-wish politics.

Somewhere on earth there are some legitimate main-street/mainstream Republicans. I suspect they all would fit in a VW Beetle.

1/29/2009 5:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I understood what you were trying to say Rubber Ducky, I'm not sure I agree with you.

Hey, Minnick was one of the 11 Democrats in the House to vote against the $819 Billion pork package. That makes him ok in my book - I wish my Congressman would've taken a stand for common sense. This must be an attempt by Obama to prove once and for all he is really not a Muslim...it's the most pork ever served.

1/29/2009 5:46 PM

 
Blogger Mark said...

Watch out, you never know where my former governor might go next...

1/30/2009 4:41 AM

 
Blogger cobalt-60 said...

When I heard the radio report that Sali had filed yesterday my eyes rolled so hard I could actually hear them. But apparently it's not what it appeared to be.

According to an item in today's Lewiston Tribune, Sali stated that he has not made any decision to run again. He only filed to fulfill a technical requirement because he's had more than $5K in expenditures since Nov. 4th.

1/31/2009 2:02 PM

 
Blogger John Byron said...

One national news report suggested he's trying to gather campaign money to retire existing campaign debt...

1/31/2009 4:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home