Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

While I Was Playing Flash Games...

...other sub-bloggers were out finding interesting content. Chapomatic found another submariner on the 'net (who has a post about the German U-212 class boats), and also links to a post over at One Hand Clapping discussing how tactics learned in the Battle of the Atlantic might help us win the GWOT (or, more specifically, how the method of learning the new tactics can help).

Also, the Sub Report reminds me that I have to search photos for more than "SSN" over at the Navy NewsStand; a search for "SSGN" gives us four new pictures of USS Ohio (SSGN 726) during a media availability: here, here, here, and here. (And on a completely snarky note, I think the person they have normally writing captions is on leave this week, to wit: "Media were transported to Ohio to see the new capabilities that the submarine now brings to the joint warfighter".)

I did find this picture of a boomer and a Coast Guard helicopter all on my own.

And, on a non-sub topic, Rob reports on a campaign blog for a Democratic Congressional candidate from Minnesota that went off the deep end. I'd love to be able to find stuff like that in Idaho, but the campaign blog for the Democrat here is run by a professional who understands how to run a good blog -- which leaves me going to the Republican campaign websites for my mocking and belittling fixes.

Going deep...

Update 2258 31 Jan: Here's a story from the Tacoma News Tribune about the media underway on USS Ohio that generated the pictures mentioned above.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chap said...

Thanks much for the kind words. Turns out I had heard this discussion a couple of years back, at a not-for-attribution meeting, where I was many many paygrades more junior than anyone else in the room. As soon as I heard the analogy I knew the value of making such a comparison (conceptually different than most intel work, etc).

Thankfully some of them made note of it.

1/31/2006 9:11 PM

 
Anonymous Wow Gold said...

wow ! what a blog

9/13/2009 10:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home