Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Friday, August 11, 2006

I Like Repeating Numbers... And Confusing Letters

I just wanted to thank the person who stopped from the Tulsa, Oklahoma, area this morning, who was visitor number 222,222 to The Stupid Shall Be Punished.

While I'm on, I'll pass on a Letter to the Editor from The Idaho Statesman this morning (last letter here) that, to be honest, has me wondering. It could be that it's too early in the morning for me to think clearly, but I can't tell if this letter was written tongue-in-cheek, or if it's the dumbest conspiracy theory ever. Help me decide:
Has anyone asked why Kempthorne chose the falcon design for our state quarter? Over the course of time a few curious and "unrelated" events have occurred.
1. President Bush visits Idaho for the first time.
2. President Bush nominates Kempthorne as his choice for the position of the secretary of the interior.
3. Our state quarter is chosen by Kempthorne and later revealed to be a falcon.
Funny how these "unrelated" events seem to suddenly form an interesting conclusion: Kempthorne is building a political career with aspirations for higher office. Running on a platform of species preservation, land management, a solid history of fostering economic growth and promoting conservative social values, Kempthorne now is in a position to network in Washington and make a potential run for the Republican nomination for president.
Kempthorne's choice for our state quarter represents a selfish, politically motivated and undemocratic act that deserves every bit of our condemnation. The governor should have asked newspapers around the state to show the various designs so we Idahoans could contact our government to choose the design we wanted for our state quarter. Shame on you, Kempthorne.
You can see why I'm confused -- it's almost as if it's three separate letters. I'll read it again when I get home from work and see if I can decide which type of letter it is.

Update 0150 14 August: I've read it again, and decided that it's not a case of subtle sarcasm; it's just a bad conspiracy theory.

3 Comments:

Blogger loddfafnir said...

mark ducks, aye.

8/12/2006 11:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang that Bush! It seems that the MoreOn.org people aren't the only ones who can connect the dots...especially with such damning evidence as that.

There is nothing to do but impeach Bush, apologize to France and surrender to Liberal Larry.

OH THE HUMANITY!

8/13/2006 9:15 PM

 
Blogger Retired Geezer said...

Is the Falcon sitting on a potato?

8/15/2006 7:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home