Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Thursday, August 03, 2006

MCPON On The Boise

Being Idaho's "first and foremost submarine blogger", I feel a special responsibility to post anything I find about the Idaho capital's namesake submarine, USS Boise (SSN 764). So, here's a picture the Navy NewsStand put out today of the new MCPON, Joe Campa, Jr., on the Boise during his first visit to a submarine since taking his new job:

It's a good shot of a 688 Crew's Mess for those who haven't seen one in a while.

Update 0011 05 August: Here's a picture of the MCPON meeting the boat's Chief Quarters in the Wardroom. I guess there wasn't enough room for a photo op in the Goat Locker.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BH, yes it was new to me, thanks. Am guessing the transparent buulkhead lockers are not reefer storage, do you know?

8/03/2006 11:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The guy on the far left of the photo is named Byrd. My last name is also Byrd. I'm a mid 1970s boomer sailor on the Stoney J. It's nice to see other bubbleheads named Byrd

8/04/2006 1:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home