Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Thursday, March 19, 2009

March Madness

Unless we get some sort of submarine news (Anyone hear anything? Word on the street says there might be something...), I probably won't post much tomorrow, since I'll be going to the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament games in Boise.

My bracket seems to be surviving the first few games. I only picked two 1st round upsets, and one of them came in (Maryland over Cal). I'll be at the other one I picked (Wisconsin over Florida State), although I'll have to be circumspect about actually cheering for the Badgers, since my sister-in-law, an FSU grad, will be sitting with us at the game. Oh, what a tangled web March Madness can lead to...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HARTFORD collision at or near PD with NEW ORLEANS in SOH. Sail trashed.

3/20/2009 6:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

14 or 15 HARTFORD sailors injured, none serious, depending what report you read.

3/20/2009 8:39 AM

 
Blogger RM1(SS) (ret) said...

Just had to ask for some submarine news, didn't you?

3/20/2009 9:46 AM

 
Blogger a_former_elt_2jv said...

How was the Utah State game? Was that 26-yr old kid the reason they lost the game?

3/20/2009 3:23 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

The Utah State - Marquette game shouldn't have been that close. Marquette was clearly the superior team (especially defensively), but they just had a crappy offensive game and couldn't hit any shots. Eight out of 10 times Marquette wins by double digits.

3/21/2009 8:18 AM

 
Blogger peter said...

Just thought I'd post my annual comment. Haven't bothered with a bracket this year since I have no real interest in basketball. Still enjoying reading your blog though. (not that I've ever gone to sea in a submarine - risk of colliding with a frenchman remains too high). Keep up the good work, and best of luck with that pesky cancer.

3/21/2009 3:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home