Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Important Submarine Sports Update!

The flag football team of PCU Jimmy Carter (SSN 23) is in first place in the SUBASE New London Intramural League! This follows on the heels of their incredible victory in the Intramural Softball League, the first time in my memory that a "boat team" had won the title.
Disclaimer: I admit I'm biased towards the Jimmy Carter team, since that was my last boat. While I admit I'm disappointed that they changed the team nickname from "Buffalos" (the nickname of the sports teams at Plains High School -- no link, the high school doesn't exist anymore, and it took talking to several people at the Carter Center to confirm that bit of trivia), I guess I can't argue with the results...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home