Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Parche Decommissioned

It seems ridiculous, but except for an article in The New Londay Day (which requires a free registration to see articles more than two days old), I can't find anything on the 'Net talking about the decommissioning of the last Sturgeon class submarine, USS Parche (SSN 683). This happened on Tuesday (see third article down in link) and marks the end of an era. I won't discuss that much about all the alleged exploits of the Parche, other than to say that the men who went to sea in her will always have my respect.

Update: Here's a more permanent link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home