Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, February 07, 2005

Items of Interest Around the 'Net

Stars and Stripes has an update on the current status of USS San Francisco.

Via the incomparable Ninme, I found an excellent summary of the current status of Afghanistan by Chrenkoff.

Here we have a Canadian Conservative politician using the fire aboard HMCS Chicoutimi as ammunition in his fight against sending Canadian troops to Iraq. I guess like most Americans, I don't really understand as much about Canadian politics as I should. If this is the level of discourse they're reduced to, though, I don't think I'm missing very much.

In a move unexpected by everyone who doesn't understand military procurement plans in a tight-budget era, the Navy is planning to reduce its planned warship buy rate for destroyers and Virginia class submarines.

Finally, HMS Sceptre is ready to leave Gibraltar.

Going deep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home