Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day SWAG

I have the best kids. For Father's Day, I got two books:

"Rising Tide: The Untold Stories of the Russian Submarines that Fought the Cold War"

and

"Chicken Soup for the Father & Daughter Soul"

Looks like I'll have enough reading to keep me busy for the four weeks until this comes out!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recerntly finished 'Rising Tide' and 'A Time To Die'.
If the Soviet Admirals were as good as they say they were in 'Rising Tide', it is truly amazing our 637's and 688's were ever able to find them.
The second book, 'A Time To Die', is about the tragic loss of the Kursk and was an excellent read. As a retired submariner, I found the actions of the Russian Naval Bureaucracy and President Putin to be criminal in their response to the Kursk incident.

6/20/2005 2:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home