Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Friday, July 01, 2005

"I Found It On E-Bay"

A reader sends a link to one of the more interesting auctions I've seen in a while on E-Bay.

Videospection 921 HRTV High Resolution Still Picture Periscope Camera From McDonnell Douglas Corp.
~ ORIGINAL PRICE: $32,648.00 ~
Manufactured in May, 1998. This U.S. Military Submarine camera is in excellent cosmetic condition. Uses a 31-pin connector. Taken from a working system. We do not have means to test the item, therefore it is sold as-is. Best offers will be considered.
Weight: Approx. .88 lb.
Measurements: Approx. 4" x 2.5" Diameter
Videospection cameras are used in a broad range of mission-critical applications such as deep ocean & N.A.S.A. space mission photography.
THIS ITEM HAS BEEN RECENTLY DEMILITARIZED BY THE U.S. GOVERNMENT. THIS ITEM IS FOR SALE ONLY TO U.S. CITIZENS WITH OFFICIAL RESIDENCE IN THE U.S. YOUR RESIDENCE WILL BE VERIFIED BEFORE ITEM IS SHIPPED.


Not quite sure what I'd do with it, but it'd be pretty cool to have. I'll have to talk to SubBasket about this one... (she, of course, will say the money would be better spent on baskets...)

As I look through E-Bay, I notice there's lots of cool stuff from my old boat USS Connecticut. (Not so much from Topeka or Jimmy Carter.) Still, the model I have of her is much cooler than this one...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor SOB...my wife went through the basket thing about 4 years ago...the things are all over the damn house, and cluttered every open area around...wait till she discovers chickens...ISYN.

7/01/2005 5:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a pussy.
get back and fix the submarines u lazy asshole

2/09/2008 7:57 PM

 
Anonymous vaginas said...

Really effective data, thank you for the article.

9/26/2011 3:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home