Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Sunday, July 31, 2005

A "Must Not See" Submarine Movie

Somehow, I missed out on the news of "Submerged" , a straight-to-video cinematic tour de force from Steven Seagal. It apparently came out in May, and from what I've read about it tonight, I haven't missed anything. Whether or not it's as bad as my all-time worst sub movie, "Full Fathom Five" , is a question I won't be able to answer, since I won't be seeing it. "Full Fathom Five" was so unbearably bad, however, that I think I can safely assume it's still got the title of "Worst Submarine Movie Ever". Run, don't walk, away from either of them if you see them at your video rental store! (If you're wondering how I can just assume that a straight-to-video movie from Steven Seagal is bad without seeing it, well... some things in life are just a given.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bubblehead, you missed little. Directors tried for a modern blend of Dr. Strangelove and Blame It on Rio. Few cinematic efforts were spared to present lush scenery, although the submarine mock up was laughable.

8/01/2005 9:59 AM

 
Blogger Alex Nunez said...

This begs the question: What, in your opinion, is the best submarine movie ever made?

8/02/2005 12:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ever catch the one with the giant octopus where everyone had their collar devices on sideways? A Golan/Globus flick if memory serves (and there was a sequel, they ran them back to back on the Scifi channel one night).

8/22/2005 4:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Virtual Office Info At: office texas virtual

10/28/2005 11:43 AM

 
Blogger Manxuria Investments Ltd said...

For the first time today I took some time to look for infomation and related pages to this very topic. I also have a site related to this and I sometimes search in the blogs, looking for new article ideas. Today it was a joy to come across a real interesting post that you made. Thanks for this great blog wilmington finance

10/31/2005 12:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home