Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Bubblehead Predicts The Future

My prediction for the top story later this week in the Lincoln (NE) Journal-Star:

"Nebraska AD Burned In Effigy"

"University of Nebraska Athletic Director Satan was burned in Effigy last night by a mob of angered football fans. Their anger stemmed from the fact that the Cornhuskers, who had routinely led the nation in rushing offense during the last 25 years, were held to a miserable (-)2 yards of rushing in a ridiculous 41-24 loss to Missouri last Saturday. Fans were understandably outraged that Satan had decreed a shift to the "West Toast" offense after he fired a coach who had the gall to go 58-19 over six years with an option offense.
"Effigy, a small town just south of Lincoln, is where the fans caught up with Satan as he was trying to flee the state."

2 Comments:

Blogger Bubblehead said...

Bitter?!? I'm not bitter... it's just that when you're from Nebraska, the football team is the main thing that you have to rub people's noses in when you compare where you came from -- and now we don't have that! Anguished, yes. Heart-ripped-out depressed, yes. But bitter...?
In all fairness, I'm pretty sure I stole the "burned in Effigy" joke from a Mad magazine article from about 30 years ago...

10/23/2005 11:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure why I should be so happy that Nebraska is doing so poorly. I love my husband, I love football(pro) and I grew up watching football all my life. So when I came across this post I wonder what the big deal was that for the frist time since we have been married, 20 years, that Nebraska was actually doing poorly. I cheer, I laugh and I cry oh wait this pay back for all those darn, flipping years I had to put up with Nebraska winning. 18 out 20 years Nebraska held some stupid record that I had to listen about or to, won by some huge amount, wondering what darn bowl game they would go to. Anyone guess who is happy with them doing poorly. It is a 50/50 guess who it is.

10/24/2005 5:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home