Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Important Submarine Plastic Waste Announcement!

Stop the presses! In an eagerly anticipated news story, the Navy NewsStand is reporting on a shocking development in plastic waste disposal on submarines. Hold on to your patrol socks, 'cause this story is huge:

"This technology enables submarines to comply with the Act to Prevent Pollution from Ships’ (APPS), requiring all U.S. Navy ships and submarines to retain all plastic waste for shore disposal. The approved submarine management plan calls for the retention of all plastic waste for shore disposal by Dec. 31, 2008."

This important initiative, which will enable the Sub Force to more effectively fight the Global War On Terror, will strike fear into the hearts of our enemies everywhere... I'm sorry, I can't do this. I try to get excited about new submarine stuff, but "plastic waste disposal" just doesn't stir me the way it used to when I was the Eng.

Rather than discussing plastics, let's just make fun of the new Navy BDUs instead. The comments are open...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still in the reserve.

I'm depressed.

Armadillo

3/03/2006 6:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This kind of thing used to excite you as an Eng?

That is more worrysome than the BDU's....

Dolphin Dave

3/03/2006 12:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are these made out of plastic too?


Is there a flotation device sewn into them fatigues?

3/04/2006 9:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home