Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Sunday, April 23, 2006

I Should Totally Be Famous

Most people have probably seen excerpts from the "Staff Officer Hard Sayings Log" that's been passing around the various mil-blogger sites (most recently over at Rontini's BBS). I had one contribution that I'd developed all by myself (and a couple others that I had heard and sent in to the EUCOM CDR who compiled the list) that I'd come up with to describe my personal philosophy of life: "When all else fails, simply revel in the absurdity of it all". I noticed it was included in the post over at Rontini's, so I decided to see how widespread the quote had become. When I googled it with quotes, it came up with 514 hits! Most of them were reposts of the quote log, but some others were from people who had adopted it as their taglines. I've never come up with a famous saying before, so now I wonder what I have to do to top myself (other than calling Frank J's anti-Instapundit alliance the "Alliance of Flea Blogs", which really hasn't caught on).

I totally should have trademarked it...

5 Comments:

Blogger Roger L. Sieloff said...

I read "South Park Republicans."

To quote "Mr. Rogers" :

"Can you say libertarian?"

Waly Kelly was a brilliant political cartoonist in the 1960's and is best remembered for his strip "Pogo". He clearly delineated the American right as being a trifold entity, i.e., intellectuals, evangelicals and libertarians. Besides "Molster Mole" and the "Deacon" there was also "Wily Cat".

Can you say "Hillbilly?"

Indiana, heartland of libertarians, ought to be called "Pakistaniana" since we all seem to be backward, conservative and dominated by a religious fundamentalism. Christ - we even have our own "taliban". It's called the KKK.

Frankly Delanore Rosevelt, Republicans have always seemed to me to be "Noveu Riche" whereas Democrats are basically "Old Money". Guess this makes Richard Nixon one of the Beverly Hillbillies. Anyhow, Republicans have yet to learn they owe society something. No, Virginia - you can't take the money Enron. Shame on you!

Shame on US...

Therefore, repackaging Republicanism is just another Carl Rove tactic which is so terribly reminiscent of all that breakfast cereal propaganda I grew up with during the Nixon era. New box. Same old cereal. As far as I'm concerned, "libertarian" is just "anarchist" spelled backwards.

- and I hope Ann Rand rots in Hell!

4/23/2006 8:36 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Uhhhh... OK. I'll get right on that...

4/23/2006 9:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I post a quote - I put the author's name after it. Are these people giving you credit?! Can I get an autograph? ;-D

4/24/2006 1:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rog, did you forget to take your meds this morning?

4/24/2006 11:26 AM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Chrys,
I hope you don't want me to autograph a blank check, like everyone else who asks me...

4/24/2006 10:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home