Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Worst... Song... Ever

My oldest son came up to me tonight and asked me what I thought should be labelled the "worst song ever". At first, I was going to give my standard answer ("Billy, Don't Be A Hero"), but then, unbidden, from the darkest recesses of my mind, came a memory of a song so horrible -- so foul -- so bereft of any musical or social value -- that I recoiled immediately. Of course, it immediately got stuck in my head, so I went searching for a clip of it on the 'net to inflict my son with it.

The song? "One Tin Soldier", the theme song from "Billy Jack". Much more ridiculous lyrics than even "Imagine". (You'll notice that all these bad songs are from the 70s. It's not a coincidence.)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You missed on of the worse songs ever written back then......
"Ruby don't take your love to town"
had to do with a VN vet coming home crippled, and his wife/girlfriend going out on a saturday night to get some loving.

Kenny Rogers should be ashamed.

4/11/2006 6:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the love of God, stop it. I want to be able to sleep tonight without having any of these "songs" rolling through my brain.

Damn... too late.... Oh, just go ahead and hate your neighbor....

Dolphin Dave

4/11/2006 9:42 PM

 
Blogger Skippy-san said...

I actually liked One Tin Soldier......Sigh.......

You obviously overlooked Ted Nugent's classic, "Yank me Crank me!"

4/12/2006 7:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun... but the wine and the song like the seasons now are gone.

Aaaarrrrggghhhhhh!!!!

A pox on you, Terry Jacks!

4/12/2006 8:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And those two execrable songs came out in Spring of '74. No wonder Nixon was run out of town!

4/12/2006 11:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For that you and Michael ought to be made to "row the boat ashore.."

4/12/2006 1:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What "Half the Way" by Crystal Gale doesn't make the list?

4/12/2006 7:15 PM

 
Blogger Retired Geezer said...

I like the group, Chicago. They had a lot of great songs but they are cursed with recording the worst song ever written:

Color My World.
Man what a unmitigated piece of crap. the singing is So Flat it makes your ears hurt.

4/12/2006 11:47 PM

 
Blogger jeffox said...

Oh yes, all great tunes for the "not the greatest of hits" bin. :) & a few more, if I may:

"Mandy" - Barry Manilow
"Dancing Queen" - Abba
"Have You Never Been Mellow" - Oliva Newton/John
& anything by Barbara Streishand

Anyway, my 45c worth. :)

4/13/2006 1:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeffox is wrong in saying that dancing queen was a bad song. But now to my pick....

Any Ashlee Simpson song.

Bubbleheads son,
Deepdiver

4/16/2006 7:05 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

DeepDiver -- Then how do you explain the dumb "French Maid" song on our Media Player playlist?

4/18/2006 12:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home