Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, May 08, 2006

Another President Kennedy

When we went to take our daughter back to college last weekend, we left our oldest son behind, since he had an important obligation at school -- running for Sophomore class President at Mountain View High School, the largest school in Idaho.

On Saturday, he called us with the news -- he'd won! In order to better serve his constituents, Rob started a new blog: "Why Not The Worst". The title, for those old enough to remember it, comes from Bill The Cat's slogan for the 1988 Presidential race. One of the slogans that put Rob over the top was one he got from me:

Monogastric
Bipedal
Carbon-based
Robert Kennedy

You can see some of his other slogans in his first entry. He's really pretty funny... and I'm sure he'll get better at spelling eventually. I do note, however, that he didn't mention one of the main reasons he was able to coast to victory, which was spelled out in one of his other slogans: "All of his opponents are girls". That's apparently the key to victory in high school elections -- split one sizable demographic while keeping another to yourself.

Since the best I ever did was Freshman class president at a very small school, it looks like he's already well on the way to doing better than his old man -- in something other than height, in which he passed me when he was 13.

5 Comments:

Blogger EM1derful said...

I've never heard of Bill the Cat, but "Why not the Worst" made me think of President Carter's biography, "Why not the Best?" Which is, of course, the question ADM Rickover asked him during his NR interview. Just goes to show, you can tie Rickover into anything.

In any event, congrats and good luck to your son.

5/09/2006 10:51 AM

 
Blogger Miss Ladybug said...

Bill the Cat was (is?) a character in the 1980s comic strip "Bloom County". I found my "Penguin Dreams and Stranger Things" book of Bloom County comics over the weekend. I particularly liked when Bill the Cat was killed in a car crash (like James Dean), and the nerdy science kid (Oliver Wendell Jones?) brings him back to life by cloning from Bill's tongue. Gross, I know, but I loved that comic strip....

Anyway, I tried running for class treasurer once, but I lost signatures that were duplicated on other people's petitions. I'd hate to be a politician now.....

5/09/2006 11:34 AM

 
Blogger girlfriday said...

Is Mountain View really the biggest high school in Idaho now? Crimeny, I gotta catch up!

5/12/2006 8:42 AM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Yes, MVHS even had the most students last year, and expanded their lead this year. And since the new Meridian HS is going to be up north, they might keep their lead for a while.

5/13/2006 8:09 PM

 
Anonymous the sex toys said...

It won't actually have success, I consider this way.

11/14/2011 2:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home