Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, June 26, 2006

RIMPAC 2006

The biennial Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) started today; you can get all of your RIMPAC 2006 news over the next five weeks from the Third Fleet website. I expected that the PacFleet site would have something, but right now all they have are a bunch of environmental impact statements.

In honor of RIMPAC, I stole a really cool picture from Rontini's BBS from an earlier RIMPAC:

This shot appears to show HMAS Waller (SSG 75) in Pearl Harbor during RIMPAC 2000. The ship in back with the big guns is, of course, the ex-USS Missouri (BB 63).

5 Comments:

Blogger Trickish Knave said...

Ah RimPac. Two months out of hte year when the Exchange is packed and Waikiki is a mad house. I have been teaching Korean sonarmen for a week now and can't wait until they go to sea, although the free hats and coins make it worthwhile.

But for the love of God, do not get caught outdoor when colors starts. You will be standing at attention saluting for about 15 minutes. I always thought it was messed up that while we salute all our flag while the other countries' anthem are played they do not reciprocate the courtesy. My arm is falling off and I look across the harbor to a Japanese frigate, crew milling around an working while their own anthem is playing much less anyone elses.

I'll try to get some shots of the harbor with all the boats in. Kind of cool.

6/27/2006 12:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a foreginer participant of RIMPAC... What's the problem with the national anthems? In my country, when we hear others countries anthems, we salute and show enough respect to your flag, as all national flags deserve it. And I hope that American sailors would do the same, even if you have some issues with the Japs

7/24/2006 1:12 PM

 
Blogger Peter Park said...

hi, it seems like you're well informed with affairs with navy, so allow me.

I'm not throwing a flame-bait, but I've read many Korean people mentioning this Korean submarine sinking 30-something ships, including a US carrier, in a simulated training at RIMPAC 2004.

Is there any truth to this? In one article (also Korean), it claims that the result of RIMPAC 2004 was disguised in order to avoid shocking and devaluing of US Navy...

I really doubt this is true, and so am looking for any truth to this.

You can leave answer anywhere in my blog. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

5/09/2008 9:16 AM

 
Anonymous www.islas-baleares-3d.com said...

In my opinion everybody should browse on this.

11/19/2011 10:28 AM

 
Anonymous Cheapest Diablo 3 gold said...

Your own card is just beautiful -- and exactly what a wonderful present. Virtually any lady will be thrilled to get this specific.
Many thanks for anyone creativity.

7/30/2012 12:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home