Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Thursday, August 17, 2006

New Pics Of My "Old" Boat

USS Jimmy Carter (SSN 23) got her first "de-perm" earlier this week, and the Navy celebrated by releasing three pictures. Here's a chopped-down version of the "artsy" one (the original can be seen here):

They also have a couple of other nice shots, one of the bow and another with a stern view. I remember the Bangor Magnetic Silencing Facility well; that's where I was, on the good ship Topeka, back in 1991 when my youngest child was born.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home