Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Another Year Older, Another Year Snarkier

Today marks my 2nd anniversary as a blogger here at TSSBP. Here's my blogiversary post from last year -- much as one doesn't take as many pictures of your 2nd child as the first, I'm sure I won't write as much as I did last year to mark the occasion. (The link above has the obligatory link to my first ever post.)

Statistics-wise, I got a little over 150,000 visits this year, and just over 310K page views. I wrote 744 new posts this year -- this kind of surprised me; I had expected the number would have gone down from the 610 I did the previous year. In addition to continuing to contribute to the submarine group blog Ultraquiet No More, I joined the gang over at MilBlogs Ring HQ for some group mil-blogging -- it was there that I helped expose the Jesse MacBeth fraud. Here at my home blog, I tried some more humor writing, to mixed reactions, when I authored the SPUD-LIB Manifesto -- an ultimately successful crusade to get permalinks from Idaho überblogger Clayton Cramer.

I appreciate everyone who's kept reading me as I "evolve" as a blogger -- I hope to be able to provide even better content over the next 12 months.

-- Joel Kennedy -- "Bubblehead"

7 Comments:

Blogger Bubblehead said...

Thanks... I think my post last year was at 12:00am.

9/17/2006 5:10 AM

 
Blogger Retired Geezer said...

Congrats, Joel.

9/17/2006 7:20 AM

 
Blogger lawhawk said...

Congrats on another year of blogging. Here's to many more!

9/17/2006 10:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on another year of excellence, my friend.

thanks for your humor and insight.

9/17/2006 12:44 PM

 
Blogger esryle said...

Congrats Joel, keep the great post a coming!

9/17/2006 2:22 PM

 
Blogger Vigilis said...

Well, BH, let me add that your blog is a no-miss on my short list.

Congratulations on another great year and on your role in exposing Jesse Adam Al-Zaid's attempt to disgrace the United States military.

When things shape up this well for you, they help us all. May your coming year go as well. -Vigilis

9/17/2006 2:56 PM

 
Blogger Mark Tempest said...

Happy Blogaversary, Bubblehead!

9/17/2006 3:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home