Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Saturday, November 25, 2006

For Your Weekend Reading Pleasure

The Summer 2006 Undersea Warfare magazine finally got posted. This issue looks pretty good; in addition to the annual "Force Organization Map" (listing boat's homeports and COs as of August 2006), there are articles on SSGN capabilities, SEALs and submarines, and submarine "Docs".

Happy reading!

2 Comments:

Blogger RM1(SS) (ret) said...

Had a look at the Force Organisation Map to see if there were any names I'd recognise. The CO of the Jax sounded familiar - wasn't he a JO when I was on Jax? So I googled a little, and discovered that it was indeed the same man. And not only that - between his JO tour on Jax and his CO tour on Jax, he'd also done an XO tour on Jax.

Talk about masochists.... 8)

11/25/2006 4:03 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

CDR Kropcho was in my SOAC class; I had remembered that he'd done his JO tour on JAX, but I hadn't known about XO -- it's really out of the norm to have an officer do three tours on the same boat (outside of the Ocean Engineering boats, of course.)

11/25/2006 10:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home