Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Submarine Christmas Photoshopping Contest

Just a reminder -- entries for The Sub Report's Submarine Christmas Photoshop Contest are due by 2359 tonight (Thursday the 14th). Here's the page with the entries that have come in so far. It's a great chance to have some fun and maybe win a prize.

You don't need any fancy software to do a good photoshop; I just use the Microsoft Picture It! that came with my computer, and if you don't have that, Eric has a link to some freeware. For example, I just put together this admittedly lame "Christmas Tree on the RPCP" entry in about five minutes:


For good results, you might want to spend a little more time than I did. It's fun for the whole family!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that confidential, at least?

12/17/2006 6:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Other anon: you've taken the bait on this one. Clearly, BH is aware of classification issues...and this pic doesn't have any. Especially not when it's sitting in a museum for all to see. I'll leave the detailed explanation to BubbleHead.

BTW, a year or so ago I saw a similar shot posted, of all places, on the door of the school nurse at my daughter's school. It was labeled something to the effect of "an early concept IBM computer." I took that bait and attempted to explain the realities of what it really was to the school nurse, with all the success of one trying to speak to a goldfish. I've no doubt that -- because she read it in a magazine somewhere -- to this day, to her, it's still a computer. Had she been cuter, I'd have spent more time and been more persistent.

12/18/2006 4:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home