Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Friday, December 08, 2006

A Ditty From Long Ago

Completely unbidden, this old song came into my head when I drove past the Golden Arches on my way home from work today:

"McDonalds is your kind of place,
They feed you rattlesnakes,
They throw them in your face,
They have no potty place."


I remember my friends singing that back in the early 70s. I would have figured that it was a nationwide song, but a quick Google search showed that if it was, it hasn't been recorded. The closest one I found was here, in that while one version mentions throwing food in your face, it says they "steal your parking place", which in my mind isn't nearly as absurd as having no potty place.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chap said...

Oh, crap. Uhh, I remember Kramer's label (Kramer from the band Bongwater, not the other guy) had a record with a bunch of songs like that. I remember playing "Great Green Gobs Of Greasy Grimy Gopher Guts" on the air in college. Arrgh, what was the name of that thing...can't find it on Trouser Press.com...

I played that record once in 1988 and now I have to remember it?

AARGHHHH!

12/08/2006 9:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The version we used was:

McDonalds is your kind of place,
They feed you rattlesnakes,
Stuff burgers up your nose,
Squeeze french fries in your toes.
Last time I went there,
They fried my underwear,
McDonalds is your kind of place.

12/08/2006 9:52 PM

 
Blogger Dale Courtney said...

Remember this one:

"Bun seed sesame uh on, onions pickles cheese lettuce sauce special patties beef all two"

:)

Best,
Dale

12/09/2006 12:07 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Dale,
I was never able to say that one..

12/09/2006 9:53 PM

 
Blogger submandave said...

Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

Great green gobs Of greasy grimy gopher guts,
Mutilated monkey meat,
Chopped up baby parakeet,
French-fried eyeballs
Rolling down a dirty street,
All for you to eat.

12/15/2006 4:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: McDonalds Song
We actually sung this at my Dad's funeral on July 24, 2007 because the grand kids remembered my dad singing it a lot! They also sang "I'm a lonely little petunia in an onion patch..." The people at the cemetery must have thought we were nutzzz but that's how we will always remember our "Opa".

8/15/2007 9:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home