Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

USS Louisville TLAM Launch Video

It looks like someone took some video of the crew of the USS Louisville (SSN 724) during their Tomahawk launches for OIF and put it up as a music video on YouTube; it's pretty good:


Off topic (but not really worthy of a full post), I got a good Christmas present from my readers -- a visitor from EagleSpeak yesterday afternoon was this blog's 300,000th visitor. For future submarine blog historians, it took me 13 months to get 100,000 visitors, 8 1/2 months more to get up to 200,000, and 6 additional months to get up to 300,000. Thanks to everyone who stops by.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Joel, You rock!

12/26/2006 4:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Joel you definately rock. As does the crewmember of the Louisville who put this video together.

12/26/2006 5:11 PM

 
Blogger SC said...

Submariners get to wear facial hair? I guess I picked the wrong job.

12/27/2006 5:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The crewmember who put that together was LT Jon Uyboco - did it all while still underway, within 48 hours of finishing shooting. If you look real close, he is in the video near one of the periscopes. You can only make part of it out, but he has "724" shaved into the back of his head (for SSN 724). Last I heard he was part of the Navy's Individual Augmentation (boots on the ground) helping out our sister services in Afghanistan. Keep him in your prayers...

12/28/2006 7:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this awesome ditty of 724 slinging ordnance! Gave me a chance to show the kids "what Daddy does" in the Navy.

12/29/2006 8:21 PM

 
Blogger Joshua Clark said...

What crap that Warner Music Group made YouTube take this posting off. I was on the Louisville just prior to the making of this video. I know most of the people in it. They (as well as all of the men and women in the Armed Forces) should be recognized for their "Job Well done"

3/19/2009 7:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to Johnny U! Awesome video. I'm not trying to toot my own horn....but I'm actually in this video. I am one of the TM's that helped unleash our hell from the deep. Cheers to the weapons department!! TM2/SS Williams

7/26/2009 9:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home