Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Jayhawks vs. Bruins -- Bear To Eat Bird?

In an effort not to jinx my beloved Kansas Jayhawks, I'll continue with my trend of picking them to lose all of their NCAA Tournament games. Thus, I think UCLA will beat Kansas later this afternoon when they play in the West Region Final.

The main reason I think they'll win is that the coach and the player who arguably are most famously associated with UCLA, John Wooden and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, are both alive, whereas their counterparts on the KU side -- James Naismith (the inventor of basketball) and Wilt Chamberlain -- are both dead. Alive normally beats dead.

Next week, I'll be picking Kansas to lose both of their games in the Final Four.

Update 1923 24 March: "The Frogurt is also cursed."
Well, there's always next year...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dem der Gators still be chompin' away, though...

3/25/2007 11:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home