Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, June 11, 2007

I Can't Believe Seawolf Is Almost 10 Years Old

The Norwich Bulletin had an article today about how USS Seawolf (SSN 21) is leaving Groton for a homeport change to Bangor on Friday. (It's part of a move of SSN assets from the Atlantic to the Pacific.) The first thing I thought was: "Seawolf can't be 10 years old! I was just riding her for Alpha Trials a couple years ago."

Alas, it's true. Seawolf was commissioned 10 years ago next month. How time flies...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was checking here to find out when she leaves... I should be checking in at DEVRON 5 about the same time she arrives at Bremerton.

6/12/2007 12:37 AM

 
Blogger Matt said...

When were you riding the Seawolf? When I was on the USS Louisiana, we played some games with the Seawolf. It had to have been around fall/winter of 1998. Just curious if you were there at the same time I was.

6/12/2007 6:47 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Matt,
I was initial manning Eng on the Connecticut, so I just rode Seawolf for Alpha trials and one week for ORSE workups to get a feel for how the plant operated at sea. I also rode Lousiana for Alpha trials (the CO, Wil Cooke, was my first CO on Topeka). Were you on the 743 for Alpha trials?

6/13/2007 9:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bubblehead,
I thought you looked familiar in some of your pics. I was a Nuke MM on the Seawolf from Jan 97 to May 01. I was the ERLL watch in EMC Harrahill's watch section during ORSE workup....good times.

Joe
Twin Falls, ID

6/13/2007 10:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home