Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Saturday, July 07, 2007

New Chinese Boomer Seen On Google Earth

I'll probably come back to this later, but there's been a lot in the news this week about the new Chinese Jin-class SSBN being found on Google Maps. Here's the Google Maps URL in question, and here's the original FAS blog post. Here's a screenshot of the satellite view I just made:

The FAS blog post has a pretty good analysis comparing the new sub to the old Chinese Xia-class boomer.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got some 1125 HR scoop for you. I'm a former 1125 (2000-2005) and I just received a call from a reserve recruiter stationed near my home of record. Apparently, the Navy is offering former sub JOs $10k bonuses to return to active duty.

I think this initiative is particularly funny because the Navy was paying 1125 JOs to get out of the Navy as recently as a year ago. Guess that program worked a little too well, huh? I turned him down and even had a little Navy bitch session with the guy, as he was a short-timer with ~3 months left on active duty. Ah the good old days...

7/07/2007 10:26 PM

 
Blogger KingV said...

You know people that were PAID to get out... as little as a year ago? Who? where? Why didn't anyone ask me ;-)?

7/13/2007 1:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home