Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Boise State Going Dancing

For the first time since I was a student at the University of Kansas, we bought college basketball season tickets this year. I guess I'm a good luck charm (KU won the national championship when I was a senior there) because the Boise State men's team is going to the NCAA tournament on the back of a 107-102 triple-overtime win in the WAC championship game.

The 25-8 Broncos have four senior starters, and traditionally senior-led teams do well in the tournament. On the other hand, BSU has had some really bad losses this year (including at home to Loyola-Marymount, who ended up 5-26). I'm just gonna enjoy their victory (along with my beloved Jayhawk's domination of Texas tomorrow) and root them on in the Bronco's first Tournament appearance since 1994.

As long as they're not playing Kansas in the first round...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nevada got screwed out of the NIT. Wait until next year.....

3/16/2008 7:21 PM

 
Blogger Cameron said...

Nevada sucks. Go Utah State.

Has it really been since 94 that BSU went to the tourney? Wow. I think I remember that team. They had a big 7 footer and lost to Louisville in the first round.

3/18/2008 1:24 PM

 
Blogger ProudNavyNuke said...

They're playing my alma mater, Louisville, again. It'll be sad to see your guys leave the tournament so early. ;)

3/21/2008 2:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home