Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Submariner's Video "Scrapbook"

Submariner "herrwest" put up a nice 6 1/2 7 1/2 minute video that's a compilation of his career in submarines, with both still pictures and short video clips:



I think this kind of 21st-century scrapbook is a great way to personalize your career for family and friends. Has anyone else done something like this they'd be willing to share?

Update 1228 12 Oct: The video was lengthened slightly and re-posted with a new URL; the new link is included above.

Update 0808 13 Oct: The video was lengthened slightly again and re-posted (again) with a new URL; I updated the video link so it should still be watchable, but I'm not gonna chase it around anymore if he changes it again. What you'll hopefully get from this post is that making a video of your career could be a fun activity.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sort of boring to watch, bad music and made using a very simple computer program.

I can't imagine family sitting to watch it, maybe, but only if it were playing in the background at some social event.

10/12/2008 2:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow what a terrible thing to say! I thought it was really cool

10/12/2008 7:35 AM

 
Blogger Patty Wayne said...

Makes me wish I had taken video and more pictures. Thanks for sharing.

PW

10/12/2008 8:29 AM

 
Blogger cheezstake said...

What a shame. The video was pulled.

10/12/2008 9:22 AM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

It looks like it got lengthened and reposted. I corrected the links above.

10/12/2008 12:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh' who gives a shit if an old computer editing program was used to put this thing together.

I thought it was very good. The musical overture selections added an endearing touch to the film. Seeing it, made me wish I was 17 again with the thought in mind to join the Navy and possibly try out for Submarine school.

Great film.

Thanks,

SSGT J. Casey

10/12/2008 6:13 PM

 
Blogger wtfdnucsailor said...

I take it that some folks did not recognize the background music as the submarine theme from VICTORY AT SEA. Well chosen. BRAVO to PO West.

10/14/2008 2:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home