Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ready For Christmas

We've pretty much finished up getting ready for Christmas here at the Bubblehead household; just a few more gifts to buy and wrap, and we'll be done. For those who are interested (Hi, Mom!) here's a picture of our tree:

...and here's a picture of our house (complete with roof inflatable):

As before, we've gone for the "gaudy" look for our yard; the only thing we added from last year were the two large inflatable Christmas "ornaments" hanging from the maple tree.

If you'd like to see some of the "best" Christmas houses around the country, check out the "Tacky Christmas Yards" website that featured us last year. The people profiled on that site are True American Patriots standing up to all that's "classy" and "dignified", and I honor them for their individuality.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Merry Chrismahanukwanzakah to You and Yours

12/18/2008 3:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shots here Joel. I especially like the sleigh on the roof and the blue & red Christmas balls on the tree.
I'm glad the girlfriend and I are spending Christmas here in Bremerton.

Any time I ever came home for Xmas to my parents house, I always drew the extra duty of having to hang Xmas lights. I always felt like Clark Griswald (National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation) when trying to un-tangle and straighten about 35 to 40 feet of last year's lights..and then making sure the damn things work before hanging them.

My mom likes the white lights that dangle like 12 inch illuminated ice cycles. So then I gotta make sure each vertical light strand is perfectly straight while trying to untangle this mess. The last step of etting the lines up and straight is not quite so hard...it's just time consuming while I'm freezing my dumb ass off on a ladder.

The beauty of it is, that after it got dark, the lights looked really good after I got em' up and hooked in. Walking back outside a few hours later with a Heineken in hand in order to see if my handy work was worth a shit always payed off. Getting a compliment or two from Mom's neighbors always helped too. I'm sure some of your neighbors like what they see in your front yard as well.

Merry Christmas to You and your family Joel.

Thanks, J.

12/18/2008 3:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Wal-Mart display!

I think you missed the reason for the season...it's about getting gifts!

12/19/2008 5:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, what have you against Wally world? Can you say "economical?" Most of us prior service guys ain't that rich in life, so it behooves us to make a trip to freak show central (Walmart) atleast once a month to stalk up on needed house hold items. Just make sure you go early in the morning on a week day in order to evade and avoid all the other village idiots and rug rats, so one can have a moment's piece while shopping. Show up at any Walmart in our fat dumb happy country on a weekend morning or afternoon and you'll then have a full understanding of what it's like to buy & use a tag for the opening season for white tale. Yeah, it's a No-Go.

As for the inflatable Snowman & Santa Claus standing sentry watch off the port bow of Bubblehead's front yard, I'd simply say that he got creative this year. As for giving presents, I suspect Bubblehead is giving plenty and then some for one Holiday season.


Thanks, J.

12/19/2008 7:44 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

2nd Anonymous -- You're wrong! The reason for the season is living Christ's teaching to give up worldly wealth; in my case, I'm helping my neighbors follow this teaching by lowering their property values with my garish display!

12/20/2008 8:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home