Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Feline Thought Process

Have you ever thought about what thought processes go through a cat's mind as they're deciding on a course of action? I can just imagine what my cat Hercules was thinking before he laid down as shown in this picture:

All I can figure is he must have thought, "Oh, look, that human who feeds me is staring intently at that horizontal collection of papers. Since everything in the world revolves around cats and their needs, he must be looking at it because he wants me to sleep there. OK, because he feeds me and scoops my poop, I'll humor him this once."

My daughter reports he does the same thing to the keyboard of her laptop.

11 Comments:

Blogger Free The Nucs said...

Cats rule.

4/24/2008 7:17 AM

 
Blogger Buck said...

All my life, cats have plopped themselves smack in the middle of the newspaper I was reading, the maps I was poring over, the keyboard I was typing on (fun in the typewriter days!) and in general, anything that seemed to occupy my interest.

Cats do rule!

4/24/2008 7:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Real men own dogs!!

4/24/2008 9:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joel, in all the 50 or so years I've shared a home with cats, I came to realize that the reason they do this is very simple: They see you pay all this attention to a book, or a keyboard, and figure, hey, stupid, I'm the cat here, you're supposed to pay attention to ME!

And Anon, a real man can have both, and enjoy the finer qualities of both. Keep in mind, I never had to house train the cat. The dogs...well, that's a long and ugly story.

Byron

4/24/2008 3:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Real Cats own dawgs!

4/24/2008 5:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have three cats and any one of them, at any given time, will choose to park themselves on my or my husband's lap, usually while we are reading or watching TV.

It's annoying at times, but I love it all. Miss them all, too. I am on business travel. On my next extended trip, one of my cats will come along. She can park it on my books anytime.

4/24/2008 8:08 PM

 
Blogger Miss Ladybug said...

My cat, Junior, does this kind of thing, too, and so did my cat, Sophia, who passed away last year. I've recently had a rearrangement of my living quarters, and he has now taken up lounging (not sitting...) on the section of desk between me and my laptop. Okay when I'm just on the computer, but not so convenient when I am trying to eat while being on the computer...

4/24/2008 9:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cat, Pluto, is also fond of the keyboard. (He's named after the cat in Poe's "The Black Cat," not the stupid Disney dog.)

Every time I clean the litter box, I think, "I'll know I own him when he starts coming in to flush the toilet for me."

For the dog/cat argument, there is a long tradition among sailors to have a ship's cat. Dogs are a shore duty thing. We all cringed at the stupid dog in "Crimson Tide."

RM1/SS

4/25/2008 7:08 AM

 
Anonymous puertas metalicas cortafuegos said...

What namely you're saying is a terrible blunder.

9/27/2011 3:32 AM

 
Anonymous custom thesis said...

Good work! I like this post so much!

1/24/2012 9:04 AM

 
Anonymous Meryl said...

This won't work in reality, that is what I suppose.

9/22/2012 1:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home