Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, April 25, 2005

He Tasks Me...

I've always admired my friend WillyShake's ability to find the appropriate quote from Shakespeare to use as the titles to all of his blog entries, and felt sad that I was not literate enough to do something cool like that. Then, I had an inspiration. I don't have to use worthwhile literature -- I can use crap popular culture references! So, from now on, I plan on using applicable quotes from such worthwhile sources as Caddyshack, The Princess Bride, Animal House, Monty Python, and Wrath of Khan (as I did in this one -- if you click on the title, you'll get the .wav file) as the title of my non-sub related and non-recurring topic type entries. I figure it'll last until I forget, or it gets too hard.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. Willyshake "tagged" me to do an assignment, and then pass it on to three other bloggers. I normally don't do chain mail, but he was so nice in the way he asked, I figure I should do it. Here's the assignment:

Following there is a list of different occupations. You must select at least five of them. You may add more if you like to your list before you pass it on (after you select five of the items as it was passed to you).
Of the five you selected, you are to finish each phrase with what you would do as a member of that profession. Then pass it on to three fine bloggers.
Here's that list:
If I could be a scientist...
If I could be a farmer...
If I could be a musician...
If I could be a doctor...
If I could be a painter...
If I could be a gardener...
If I could be a missionary...
If I could be a chef...
If I could be an architect...
If I could be a linguist...
If I could be a psychologist...
If I could be a librarian...
If I could be an athlete...
If I could be a lawyer...
If I could be an innkeeper...
If I could be a professor...
If I could be a writer...
If I could be a backup dancer...
If I could be a llama-rider...
If I could be a bonnie pirate...
If I could be a midget stripper...
If I could be a proctologist...
If I could be a TV-Chat Show host...

Anyway, I'll work on my responses, and get them posted hopefully sometime tonight.

Staying at PD...

2 Comments:

Blogger WillyShake said...

Bubblehead--thanks for being a good sport; yeah, I hate these chain-meme things too, but just this once. What the hell. I look forward to reading 'em!

I also look forward to reading your new pop-culture references...though I warn you that if it's anything like trying to come up with Shakespeare quotes, it will DOUBLE the time it takes to blog something!! LOL. Have fun with it.

4/25/2005 5:28 PM

 
Blogger Skippy-san said...

http://fareastcynic.blogspot.com/2005/05/ive-been-tagged.html

5/04/2005 7:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home