Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Periscope Photos

Need some help here... CDR Salamander called me out to answer a periscope photo trivia question. I gave him my best guess, but left the caveat that I've only been on new boats, so I might not be the most qualified person to answer. Anyone else have some better ideas than I left in his comments?
On a related note, via Rontini, here's a page of some more periscope photos through the ages. Just keep clicking "next page"...

Going deep...

1 Comments:

Blogger Vigilis said...

This is another amazing periscope photo from (?) http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_apr2001/Ufo.jpg

Obviously, it was taken at high tide. The boxey look is due either to narrow camera aperture or regtangular cross-section of early (?) designs. Ha!

4/08/2005 2:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home