Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, April 04, 2005

"Navy Prototype Sub" Fires

When I first saw this article from the Miami Herald about two fires in a Navy prototype two-man submarine, I was surprises, because I hadn't heard of this program. It turns out that the company making the submarines, STIDD, has already provided SOCOM with twenty-eight Diver (or Swimmer) Propulsion Devices, and is now looking to make them for the Marines. I guess you learn something new every day...

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Hawn said...

Sweet, where do I get one...

4/04/2005 8:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home