Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Worst... Feeling... Ever...

I've always said that having a daughter is the father's punishment for ever having been a teenage boy. Even when your daughter never causes you any problems (like ours), you just know that there are guys out there -- none of whom are good enough for her, btw -- who will try to take her away from you...
Blogging will be non-existent the next couple of days as I take my precious oldest child off to college. I know we raised her right, and I know I can't keep her home forever; but dammit, I sure want to...
While I'm gone, please check out the wonderful blogs to the right, and especially keep an eye on our new submarine group blog, Ultraquiet No More, for the latest happenings and sea stories from the world of submarines.

Going deep...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your daughter know's she's loved. Best to you both in this giant leap of life!

6/22/2005 9:28 AM

 
Blogger Vigilis said...

Don't worry Bubblehead, it certainly won't be a submariner.

I'm thinking maybe a Naval aviator, though. Probably a "Top Gun" type. -LOL

6/22/2005 7:54 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I feel for you! I'll be in that same boat. I've got two preteen daughters myself. Geeezzz...Maybe I'm already in that boat.

6/23/2005 3:25 AM

 
Blogger Alex Nunez said...

I'm still sixteen years away from that moment with my daughter, but I am NOT looking forward to it.

If your daughter's even a fraction of the good egg you are, Bubblehead, then you have no worries!

6/23/2005 2:16 PM

 
Blogger bothenook said...

i made it through the process. and i only got a little grey. i figured nikki would be party girl once she was out from dad's scrutiny. she graduated with a double major, and is now teaching developementally disabled kids, AND working on her masters degree.
it sure was lonely though. i thought i'd be glad to get an extra bedroom freed up for a library, and ended up leaving all of her stuff just like it was when she left for her to come home to on breaks.

6/23/2005 10:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a minute, Alex; remember "Tiny Bubbles" was gone on 4 six-month deployments (NOT cruises) so how can she be like him? It is her mother she takes after. It is our middle child I am worried about after all HE is just like his father.LOL Our youngest will be forever our baby.

6/24/2005 6:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home