Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, August 08, 2005

Hotlinkers Get Their Just Desserts

Ninme has a great post about what can happen when blog operators "hotlink" pictures off another blogger's website. Basically, the person who controls the picture can then replace it with whatever they want, as happened in this case. (If the last link doesn't show an insulting message, then they changed it; it was showing what is in the immediate preceding link.)

I had a couple of people hotlink from my most "famous" pictures; I was thinking about changing them to something like this, but then I would have had to change my links, and I didn't really feel mad enough to go through with it. I'm glad the guy did in this case.

Going deep...

1 Comments:

Blogger Bubblehead said...

Apparently the Kos contributor who did the hotlinking apologized to the original blogger, but they still haven't changed the offending hotlink.

8/08/2005 5:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home