Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

New Submarine Web Site

Found a good new submarine-based website at sub-log.com. It features articles, news updates, reviews, and a "buoyancy" game that lets you remember the frustration you felt trying to get the ship trimmed. (The first time I played it, I was so worried about trimming the ship fore and aft that I forgot to bring on enough water, and popped up to the surface way too early; ended up scoring an 1131, which anyone else here should be able to beat.)

Going deep...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The game is a little slow paced, but sometimes that's okay when cubicle time slows to a crawl. I didn't pay much attention to my score, but you keep blowing the tank when you're deep and shoot to the surface. I got the entire boat out of the water by coming up level. If you want more of a traditional up angle for your blow, you need to pump out of forward trim.

RM1/SS

8/10/2005 6:44 AM

 
Blogger Theodore said...

That was fun. I was up around 35,000 when the boat drifted off the screen.

8/10/2005 12:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all, thanks for looking at my buoyancy "game" and posting comments.

Yeah, I just wrote to Eric at thesubreport.com that one of my fix-it items was "Make it fun". :-)

And of course floating up out of the water - that's not good. I'm working on a more realistic behavior for bobbing to the surface.


anyways thanks for looking-
Paul

8/10/2005 5:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home