Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, September 26, 2005

Blogger Ate My Post...

I spent quite a while working on a post about a Deck Log entry (6th one down) at the Quartermaster web site getting picked up by Soldiers For The Truth, but it disappeared into the ether when I tried to publish it, and I don't feel like going back and re-doing the whole thing.
Instead, here are the archives of Undersea Warfare magazine if you want to search through them while I come up with another idea for a post (that Blogger will probably eat... but I'll remember to save next time).

Going deep...

7 Comments:

Blogger geezernuke said...

I am still lamenting over a similar experience. I had this great story with many hyperlinks that Blogger would not post even though it showed as posted. I managed to lose all the links trying to do some thing different to get it to post. I still have it as a draft sin links. Was gonna ask you Que Pasa?

Diametrically digital demons no doubt.

9/26/2005 6:56 AM

 
Blogger G-Man said...

I had a picture disappear from my blog after it was posted. Some how after about 20 days it just went "poof". The space for the picture could still be seen. It was at the top of my blog.

Been lucky to not lose writting material yet. I do know the feeling of that though. Many of times I was loged onto a unreliable internet connection using a "internet based" e-mail service like Yahoo and if the "dial up" connection went down sometimes and so did my e-mail. AOL dsl was bad this way when using web based yahoo e-mail from them.

Not sure what happans when SBC yahoo goes down while writting e-mail, but I have a feeling you lose it all.

9/26/2005 7:15 AM

 
Blogger Lubber's Line said...

Could one of the programmers that created Blogger be working on the Navy's new VMS system? Lets hope not.

“Captain the seamount is right here… what! I could swear there was one there.”

Technology, sometimes a curse, sometimes a blessing.

9/26/2005 10:59 AM

 
Blogger Skippy-san said...

I too have shared the frustration of getting on a roll writing something only to have Blogger destroy it. I am seriously looking at another blogger format.

I assume the post was going to be about the demise of quartermasters and the consolidation with the OS rates. Would love to hear what you have to say. The rate consolidations are going too far in my humble opinion......

9/26/2005 3:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skippy-San -

Somebody I used to work with used to say that in a few years there will only be three rates on boats - Twidget, Mechanic, and Nuc. The YNs will be Twidgets, as they work with computers. The MS's will be Mechanics, as they make things. And the HMs, who fix things, will also be Mechanics.


RM1(SS) (ret)

9/26/2005 5:36 PM

 
Blogger Skippy-san said...

Actually Ive met a few HM's that I would not let fix my car, much less my body....

9/26/2005 6:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, at least ya know that the *cat* didn't eat it!

9/26/2005 6:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home