Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

"Lawyers, Guns, and Money"

I'm listening to "Genius: The Best of Warren Zevon" while catching up on my 'net surfing. (We got a live one over at the latest post on BlameBush! that we're toying with...)
Anyway, "Lawyers, Guns, and Money" comes up, and I started thinking of my time as Iraq Coalition Finance Officer at CENTCOM last year. That was kind of my theme song there; I'd be calling everyone, working these "drug deals" to try to get the coalition troops fed, moved, and housed with promise of payment later, and my co-workers would mention how they expected to see me doing an Ollie North in front of Congress one day.
Since I can't really say anything specific about what I did there, I'll just say that Warren Zevon was way ahead of his time:

"Send lawyers, guns and money,
The shit has hit the fan"

Going deep...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just trying to comment before Molten Eagle. Nice lyrics.

9/21/2005 10:21 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

I was thinking about that... Vigilis, dude -- please note that mentioning lawyers in my post in no way implies that I believe lawyers are good!

9/21/2005 10:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot about ol Warren.

Go over to Blame Bush and have some fun with irish.

9/22/2005 7:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home