Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Baring My Darkest Secrets

Chrys at Pettifog tagged me to do the latest meme running around the blogosphere -- listing your five weirdest habits. Ninme also did the meme, but asked for volunteers instead of assigning them, so I'll say I'm volunteering for her too. Here's mine:

1) I like my steak essentially raw -- "passed over a candle" is how I order it. Light brown on the outside, gushing blood on the inside. I figure it doesn't have any flavor cooked out of it that way.

2) I spend way too much time reading the forums at Democratic Underground -- it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion, I guess. I know I'm just rotting my mind over there, but whenever I get home from work, that's usually the first place I head, even before checking comments here. (Speaking of DU -- I just remembered this excellent piece they had at IMAO back when they were funny about a "Universal DU Thread" -- it's still pretty much spot on.)

3) I have this incredible memory for facts and things I've heard, but can't remember anyone's name until I've met them about 10 times.

4) I take about 50 baths for every shower I take whenever I'm not at sea (which I never am nowadays). Unless there's no way I can avoid being late otherwise, I'll jump in the tub instead of the shower.

5) I absolutely refuse to eat ketchup with anything other than fries -- if a burger or hot dog has even a hint of ketchup on it, I just won't eat it. I'm fine with tomatoes on hamburgers, though.

The rules for the meme now say I'm supposed to assign five other people to do it, but I don't follow rules very well. (The rules also say that I'm supposed to post the rules, but I didn't do that either. I guess I'm just a rebel.)

Going deep...

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachelrolen said...

Nothing wrong with the bath thing. In my old house I had to because we only got 5 mins of actual hot water if you took a shower. Since I moved I have to boil water in order to take a bath. Gotta love housing. Now the ketchup thing is just odd.

12/29/2005 12:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appreciate your honesty about baths; had thought I was wierd -baths are already a luxury in modern Europe. Some hotels offer only showers.

Saw one bath tub in Italy (yes, marble) worth about $30K and for the luxury crowd. When I got back to U.S. I put in a shower that I have never used -baths are a luxury, BH.

12/29/2005 3:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bath Thing: That's really weird.

Unless you're eating a raw steak while bathing.

Or somebody is in the tub with you.

Or if somebody is in the tub with you eating a raw steak.

Strike the last one - that's just weird.

12/29/2005 7:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks as though you and Ninme have found the way to put this "Five Weird Things" game to bed since I can't envision anyone volunteering for a "TAG" "You're It"! lol Steak and bathes - hmmm

12/29/2005 8:53 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Actually, I'm just too shy to "tag" anyone else.
I should be very impressed that famous blogger RightWingDuck showed up on my humble blog; he's one of the group-bloggers over at IMAO. However, since I've lost my previous infatuation with IMAO (ever since I got links from Instapundit) I can't afford to appear too overly impressed. Plus, I'm still mad at Frank J. -- when I was TAD in Tampa, I hung out on my patio in my apartment complex in St. Pete, and not once did he wander by so we could chat about manly things! I was very disappointed... it's not like Florida's a big state or anything.

12/30/2005 12:25 AM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

No, I think he's actually in Melbourne. It's still in Florida, so he should have walked by.

12/30/2005 7:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home