Baring My Darkest Secrets
Chrys at Pettifog tagged me to do the latest meme running around the blogosphere -- listing your five weirdest habits. Ninme also did the meme, but asked for volunteers instead of assigning them, so I'll say I'm volunteering for her too. Here's mine:
1) I like my steak essentially raw -- "passed over a candle" is how I order it. Light brown on the outside, gushing blood on the inside. I figure it doesn't have any flavor cooked out of it that way.
2) I spend way too much time reading the forums at Democratic Underground -- it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion, I guess. I know I'm just rotting my mind over there, but whenever I get home from work, that's usually the first place I head, even before checking comments here. (Speaking of DU -- I just remembered this excellent piece they had at IMAO back when they were funny about a "Universal DU Thread" -- it's still pretty much spot on.)
3) I have this incredible memory for facts and things I've heard, but can't remember anyone's name until I've met them about 10 times.
4) I take about 50 baths for every shower I take whenever I'm not at sea (which I never am nowadays). Unless there's no way I can avoid being late otherwise, I'll jump in the tub instead of the shower.
5) I absolutely refuse to eat ketchup with anything other than fries -- if a burger or hot dog has even a hint of ketchup on it, I just won't eat it. I'm fine with tomatoes on hamburgers, though.
The rules for the meme now say I'm supposed to assign five other people to do it, but I don't follow rules very well. (The rules also say that I'm supposed to post the rules, but I didn't do that either. I guess I'm just a rebel.)