Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Kewl Skimmer Pics

I know that most of us prefer to see pictures of surface ships with the periscope reticles superimposed over them, but these two recent pictures of skimmers on the Navy Photo page caught my attention even without the "bullseye". First, we have a picture of USS Iwo Jima (LHD 7) operating in the North Atlantic fog:

Next, we get a bow view of the new High Speed Vessel Swift (HSV 2) moored in Souda Bay, Crete:

Pretty neat. As mentioned earlier, though, I still prefer to look at skimmers in positions something like this:



And we all hope that our skimmer and airdale "friends" don't get lots of pictures of us like this:

Going deep...

3 Comments:

Blogger Alex Nunez said...

Right on, ninme. It really does!

I have that Iwo pic up at my place, too. I bet you sub guys laugh at fog, eh?

1/19/2006 7:51 AM

 
Blogger CDR Salamander said...

I see 'ya and raise 'ya shipmate.

1/19/2006 1:09 PM

 
Blogger chaoticsynapticactivity said...

Did I tell you about time the sub at 150' looked like a giant chemlight going thru the ocean at night?

Good for you it was an exercise and the "Now, Now, NOW!" was only for practice from the SH-2F...

1/19/2006 3:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home