Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Slow Submarine News Week

Submarine news is so slow this week, I've been reduced to baiting poor deluded Idaho moonbats for entertainment. I was gonna go to the first Boise blogger's dinner last night, but ended up projectile vomiting for most of the evening instead. It's tough being a sub-blogger...

5 Comments:

Blogger Alex Nunez said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5/16/2006 12:22 PM

 
Blogger Alex Nunez said...

Hey Bubblehead. I've got a sub story for ya. If you watched 24 last night, you saw a plot point develop involving a Russian Delta IV which is conveniently docked at a pier in Los Angeles awaiting inspection as part of a treaty arrangement between the US & Russia.

Playing the role of the Delta IV?

A 688I.

Because, you know, they're just so similar in appearance...

If you saw the episode you could probably have a field day ripping on technical stuff that I would never know.

Also...(Plot points/spoilers follow. Beware.).

The submarine is taken over by terrorists (they do this by dropping nerve gas down the hatch in the sail, which kills the whole crew), who then set about prepping the weapons systems for missile launch. They make a point to announce that they're loading missiles in the regular tubes to supplement the ones in the vertical launchers.

Given that they are pierside, launching anything from the torpedo tubes sounds like a pretty lousy idea, no?

Unless they actually take the thing out to sea next week...

Still, the episode was awesome, even though Star Wars requires less suspension of disbelief than 24.

5/16/2006 12:25 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

I've never watched 24, but I'll have to watch it next week. I think I'd read that my old boat, USS Topeka, was the boat they used for the filming.

5/16/2006 5:36 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Joe Vandal -- I've got you linked under "Idaho Sites". Thanks for the link!

5/16/2006 11:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey bubblehead, when a sub goes into the yard what happens to the sheep?

7/04/2007 5:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home