Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Navy Slang Trivia Quiz

[Intel Source: Rontini's BBS] Here's an amusing little Navy slang multiple-guess quiz that's worth a couple moments of your time. It's aimed mostly at skimmers, but I still got 19 out of 20 (I didn't know what "Med Lights" were.)

Also via Rontini's BBS, Oldsub's Place has a new page of interesting submarine statistics and facts.

9 Comments:

Blogger Cookie..... said...

Hey Mate...fun quiz...gonna put it up over at my place fer any old "Salts" that might wanna take it...BTW...sorry...20/20. This is the second attempt to leave a comment...first one came up "Site Error"...whatever that is....

6/10/2006 9:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suck, I got a 11/20 although I did get the one about Med Lights correct.(Sucker)

6/10/2006 2:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only got 13 right, but that's probably pretty good for a member of the MSM, eh?

6/10/2006 4:38 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Elaine,
I'm impressed! You're picking up some of the lingo...

PBS,
I'm not sure even the submarine brotherhood can protect you if any Marine bloggers find your comment.

Bubblehead's Son,
What are you doing on the Internet when you're supposed to be cleaning your room?!?

6/10/2006 7:09 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This is MT1(SS)'s wife here. I got a 17/20. Would have had number 1 right, but I second guessed myself. hehe. Been always since I've been that quiz. =)

6/11/2006 2:51 AM

 
Blogger Cookie..... said...

Hey Mate...thanks agin fer putin up the Quiz...some of my readers got a good kick outta it and enjoyed it....as did I....

6/11/2006 9:41 AM

 
Blogger loddfafnir said...

20/20
i guessed right on the Med Lights.

6/13/2006 4:27 PM

 
Blogger Wulf said...

Broke nav, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAVES and think about what a Yeoman does for a living. That'll explain it.

I like the quiz. 20/20. Every EM knows Med lights.

6/19/2006 2:42 PM

 
Anonymous www.pcwebsite.net said...

What exactly you're writing is a horrible mistake.

10/05/2011 1:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home