Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Coincidence?

Item: The earthquake off Taiwan damaged several submarine telecommunications cables, severely disrupting Internet service for much of Asia.

Item: When I checked my G-mail account tonight, I had about 2/3 less spam than I normally get while I'm at work.

Coincidence?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, now that I check, I have less in my gmail too. Over the past month, the spam folder has been getting 20+ messages a day, today its 7 :)

12/28/2006 8:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm lucky enough to not get much spam, but I'm interested in you observation. I read today that it's going to be a few days before they get the cable fixed. I will be interesting to see if you spam stays down for that time then jumps back up.

If there were a hell, there'd be a special place there reserved for spammers.

12/28/2006 7:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang... "your" observation.

12/28/2006 7:19 PM

 
Anonymous brochure printing said...

Yeah, your observation... We were affected also by the disconnection of the internet. God! I was so worried not having an internet for a minute, much more if its for one day.

12/26/2009 5:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home